It's easy, it's delicious, it's my favorite summertime dessert!
My mom has often made us peach cobbler for family functions and summertime gatherings, and it has always been one of my favorite desserts! Since Zach and I have two humongous rhubarb plants on the farm, and it's officially strawberry season, I decided to make Mom's recipe but with fresh strawberries and homegrown rhubarb.... AMAZING!
All you need:
- 1 cup Self Rising Flour
- 1 cup Sugar + 1/3 cup Sugar optional
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 4-6 cups Fruit or Berries (I like to go heavy on the fruit!)
Pre-heat oven to 350
- Stir up your 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar. (This keeps the batter from becoming lumpy when you add your milk!)
- Melt 1 stick of butter in microwave safe baking dish. (I do this in the same dish that I'm going to bake in, which saves extra washing!)
- Rinse and Slice your fruit. (Sprinkle with the extra 1/3 or less cup of sugar if using Rhubarb.)
- Add vanilla to the milk.
- Add milk to the flour sugar mixture. Whisk it up until it turns into a smooth batter.
- Pour batter on top of the melted butter.
- Stir up your fruit and dump it out on top of the batter mixture.
- Bake 350 for 60 minutes.
The wonderful aroma from the oven will make you want to take this cobbler out early, but WAIT! Let it get nice and golden brown for that chewy perfect texture! .... Wait again, let it cool for just a few minutes, or better yet, add a large scoop of vanilla ice cream to rescue your tongue from this hot goodness!
There you have it... my summertime go-to dessert!
(Thanks to Mom for sharing her recipe!)
I'd LOVE to know...
- What's your favorite Cobbler?
- Do you prefer Cobbler or Crisp?
- They say, "easy as pie" when really it should be, "easy as Cobbler!" Agreed?!
Let me know in the comments below!
Healthy (?) Oatmeal Chocolate Chip NO bake Cookies!