A few weeks ago I scooped up my sis from the Eastern Iowa Airport! We got to spend an entire week together on the farm and exploring small town Iowa. The sightseeing began on the drive home when we stopped for dinner in Manchester and got to peek at the Whitewater Park!
The next day we traveled over to McGregor, an adorable Mississippi River town, for some shopping, brunch on the boat, and Lady Luck action! We even walked out on top of the boat for a Mississippi River Selfie. Oh, and our new favorite slot machine is now officially the Lucky Lemmings!
More Highlights of Our Week Included:
- A trip to see one of my commissioned paintings at the new healthcare facility in Prairie du Chien
- Traveling up to Decorah, to the Humane Society of Northeast Iowa, where Britty helped me find Buddy!
- Church at Norway and a walk through the old cemeteries
- Wedding Planning!
- Trying on Dresses at Holly's Bridal
- A visit to Common Clay Studio in Elkader
- Time with Zach and Momma D!
- Delicious home cooked dinners
- A bonfire with friends and s'mores!
- A fun and frightening ;) tour of the infamous Spook Cave!
- Picking veggies from our garden to make fresh salsa, pickles, and cucumber salad
- & more..
Thank you to my sweet sis for making the journey out to Iowa for a week on the farm!
We love you and and hope you'll come visit again soon!
(& bring that handsome fiancé and puppy next time, too!)
photos for this post are courtesy of miss Britt!