It is absolutely crazy what a new baby can do to one’s blogging goals… ;)
It has been forever since I’ve posted, so let me give you a not-so-quick update!
Enjoy these highlights from the past several months:
- I turned 32, wowzers
- November 14th, Emmajean turned 6 months young! We are so overwhelmed with love for our little one and cannot believe she is already starting to sit up on her own, giggling, sleeping through the night, and grabbing everything she can get her sweet little fingers on! She loves eating yummy peas, carrots, squash, and turkey! Not fond of green beans, yet. Oh! And she loves to play the piano with her daddy!
- We visited NC for Layne and Billy's beautiful wedding weekend
- Had our first Thanksgiving as a Family of three+buddy!
- Celebrated shop-local at Willow Creek
- Emmajean met Santa for the first time!
- Picked out first Christmas tree and decorated for Christmas
- Stood by my sister and brother-in-law as they became Mr. and Mrs. in an absolutely gorgeous DIY outdoor wedding in Trade, Tennessee!
- Took the cutest little ladybug trick or treating
- Enjoyed a chilly evening by my new bonfire pit that Zach surprised me with while I was away.
- Spent lots of time photographing families and seniors!
· Baptized our baby girl on Labor day weekend. So great that her Gima Grandpa, the Musselmans, and Bradys could all be there to celebrate Emmajean’s special day. Her great aunt Linda and Uncle Thad were even able to join us for a nice lunch after the baptism.
- Emmajean and I spent most of September in NC. We helped throw a bridal shower for aunt Britty, she made her first trip to the beach for Britt's bachelorette weekend, and she got tons of snuggles from her grandparents! She got to meet her great grandparents on my side of the family along with the majority of her extended family, and several close friends. The time flew by!
- Art in the Park was another big success for us in Elkader, Iowa. We had 50 artists filling 38 booths, music, wine tasting, food, kids’ activities, and more down in Founder’s Park. You wouldn’t have believed the awesome installation art that you could find throughout the park, thanks to Leslie and Andy Gibbons, and the Rural Character Scrap Art exhibit that was exhibited throughout the festival weekend!
- August was a big month at the shop, too! It was nice having Grandmommy Dawn around to help out with baby girl while I prepared for the festival.
June - July
- I spent June, July, and August getting settled into mommy-hood and settled into my new studio space at Willow Creek in Elkader, Iowa. I’ve been showing and selling my artwork at Willow Creek for the past two years, but when Emmajean was born we decided to move my studio down to the shop. That way I get to take her to work with me. So far the customers love seeing our little munchkin. Mommy doesn’t get too much painted when she’s with me, but it’s so worth it!
- PawPaw and Grandmommy came out to Iowa for the 4th of July and PawPaw finally got to meet his granddaughter!
So there you have it! If you made it to the end of this post you are officially all caught up on life with Emmajean. :)
I'll see you soon with a short sweet post!